Download Workshop Notes, Sheet Music and MP3s
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for workshop and private lesson availability!
Odaiko Workshop Notes
We used piece “Agari Yatai” by Yoichi Watanabe (Amanojaku – http://amanojaku.info) to explore fundamental Odaiko techniques. Participants may perform the piece provided they credit Yoichi Watanabe as the composer.
Our primary focus was:
• Grip – how to hold the sticks for maximum power and accuracy
• Stance – adapting one’s stance according to the audience
• Stroke – fundamentals for achieving even right and left hand strokes
The objectives were to:
• Explore and understand the effects of Grip, Stance, and Stroke
• Learn performance tips through “Agari Yatai”
Please feel free to contact me if your group might be interested in hosting an Odaiko workshop. I also give lessons at my studio in Echo Park, at Asano Taiko US in Torrance and via Skype.
It would help me to know what your goals and schedule are like. Please let me know via the form below. Looking forward to hearing from you!